Effective: February 12, 2020
Thank you for your interest in F&I Express. We respect the privacy of our users when they use our website and other online applications and products and services (collectively, the "F&I Express Products"). By using the F&I Express Products, you consent to the use of your information and information about you in accordance with this Privacy Notice. When we refer to F&I Express within this Privacy Notice, we are referring to Intersection Technologies, Inc, d/b/a F&I Express, a Cox Automotive, Inc. company. This Privacy Notice applies to information collected through the F&I Express Products and does not describe the collection, use, or disclosure practices of any of our corporate affiliates or third parties. For information on the collection, use and disclosure practices of any company with whom you are doing business, whether or not affiliated with F&I Express, please review their privacy policies.
This Privacy Notice explains our data collection and privacy practices for users of the public pages of our website, www.fandiexpress.com, and of our data practices related to data processed on behalf of our customers. If you do not agree to the practices related to the public portions of the F&I Express site, please do not continue to use this site. Your continued use of this site constitutes your agreement to the following terms.
Information We Collect
We collect information about users of our site. Information regarding your use of the site may be collected and/or aggregated through the use of automated means. This automatically collected information may include information such as:
- your IP address, the type of browser and operating system used;
- date and time you access the Sites and pages you visit, and if you linked from or to another website, the address of that website;
- email you open and links you click on within those emails; and
- your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld or mobile device that you used.
How We May Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- for everyday business purposes, such as establishing and managing your user account, providing products and services you request, and providing customer support;
- to offer our other products or services and/or the products or services of others to you;
- to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions;
- to enable you to interact with the F&I Express Products and our users, dealers, and others through various means, such as through our message boards, blogs and social media;
- to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services, applications and websites;
- to diagnose and address technical and service problems;
- to perform data analyses, including market and consumer research, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis;
- to deliver content (including advertising) correlating to your interests and browsing and usage history, both within the Sites and on other websites and applications;
- to comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies; and
- to contact you via telephone, text or chat. We will obtain your consent to contact you when, and in the manner, required by law.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise share information about you that we collect or receive, except as described below:
- Affiliates and Dealers. Information collected, including personal information and Data Technologies, may be shared with affiliates and dealers, and their agents and third party service providers, who will use that information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
- Our Service Providers. We may engage third parties to provide the services offered through or in connection with the F&I Express Products on our behalf or to enable us to provides such services. We require such providers to maintain information about you as confidential and to use the information only to perform the services specified by us in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice.
- Corporate and Asset Transactions. If we sell all or substantially all of our business or sell or transfer all or a material part of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a substantial part of our business, we may transfer all information we have collected and stored, including personal information, to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
- Other. We may access or disclose information, including personal information, to:
- protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property of F&I Express and our affiliates;
- protect the rights, interests, safety and security of users of the Sites or members of the public;
- protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or
- comply with prudent legal practice as we may determine, and applicable law or legal process.
Non-Public Personal Information
F&I Express expressly understands and acknowledges that our client’s Confidential Information includes “non-public personal information” about client’s customers (“NPPI”), as that information is defined in Title V of the Federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and any state statutes adopted to comply therewith, the FTC regulations promulgated pursuant thereto (including 16 CFR § 313, 16 CFR § 314, 12 CFR § 332 and 12 CFR § 364), and any state regulations promulgated under state privacy statutes or in compliance with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and any successor statutes and regulations to the foregoing (collectively, the “Privacy Act and Regulations”), the disclosure of which to ITI under this Agreement constitutes a disclosure to a “non-affiliated third party” under an exception to certain restrictions on disclosures contained in the Privacy Act and Regulations. NPPI includes personally identifiable information, and any list, description or other grouping of individuals (including publicly available information pertaining to them) that is derived using any personally identifiable information that is not publicly available.
Without exception, F&I Express will not use or disclose the NPPI it receives for purposes other than those necessary to carry out the Services subject to the ITI Use and license Agreement and the applicable exception to restrictions on disclosures to non-affiliated parties contained in the Privacy Act and Regulations (e.g., 16 CFR §§ 313.14 and 313.15). Without limiting the foregoing, ITI shall be prohibited from selling any NPPI it receives. ITI will implement and maintain safeguards for the NPPI it receives consistent with the requirements of the Privacy Act and Regulations, including as set forth at 16 CFR § 314.3, in order to (a) ensure the security and confidentiality of the NPPI,(b) protect against anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such information, and (c) protect against unauthorized access to or use of such information.
Do Not Track
Some browsers incorporate a "Do Not Track" (DNT) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to a DNT signal, we do not currently respond to DNT signals on this website or on websites where we provide advertisements, content, or other services.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may periodically change the terms of this Privacy Notice. When we do so, we will post the revised date at the top of the page in the same manner as the date appears here. You should check here for changes in our practices when you visit our site.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, our Privacy Notice, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Postal Address: Cox Automotive, Inc.
Attn: Scott Hilsen, Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer
6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30328